Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Akantor downed!




It was quite a trip to the last HR urgent, but it was well worth it! This time I was up against the giant dragon Akantor, who resides in the volcano area, once where crimson fatalis was. I heard from a lot of people that he was easy because he didn't move very much, but it didn't seem so when I fought him. The first thing he does when the set you on the battlefield is charges. Now normally you could avoid this by using the pansy jump technique, but it doesn't seem to work very well against Akantor, because ummm... HE'S FREAKING HUGE! Yeah, so you usually end up still getting hit. So to counter this I made some Basarios U armor, which gives you guard+2 with some decorations. Guard+2 allows you to block stronger attacks with less push back and less stamina used. Although Akantor still has some pretty rough attacks. I completed the fight using Auto-Guard, Guard+2, and the Gun Chariot, which is an awesome gunlance by the way. The whole fight consisted of me staying under his crotch... like literally, and poking his hind leg, until he got hard skin and I had to poke his face. Not much of a fight eh? Yeah well he has some nasty tricks of his own too.

- He submerges undergruond every often, if he is enraged it is a one-shot. Sometimes lava will shot up out of the ground if he does. With 150 health it does about 1/3 of mine and I have 350 def. Unbuffed it is a one-shot.

- After he submerges he will usually roar, not normally, but a roar that will one-shot you if he is enraged, this roar does a lot of damage even if you are blocking.

- He will do a normal roar, causing lava to shoot up out of the ground, I used auto-guard to block these, because they are random.

All of his other attacks are pretty easy to block or just not be in range to be hit except the charge, but they are all pretty devastating. I've found a way that makes the fight a whole lot easier, and it requires using 4~5 farcasters every quest. So with Akantor down, all that remain as of now are crimson fatalis, and rajang until I get some more downloadable quests. I soloed Fatalis the other day with the Akantor bow. I will post about him this week or next.